MINIATURES STAGE TOUR
Visit the authentic Thunderbirds Are Go shooting stage and discover the genuine Weta Workshop props, models and miniatures behind the popular TV series on a tour guided by our experienced crew. Nobody knows these incredible miniatures like we do! FAB. Book here now.
Thunderbirds Are Go is created in association with ITV Studios and Pukeko Pictures.
- 45-minute guided tour through the Thunderbirds Are Go shooting stage – See the huge miniatures made by the Weta Workshop crew!
- Immersive & educational – Check out the authentic storyboards and concept art from the show, and learn how imaginary worlds are brought to life using simple household objects and a dash of creativity. Get inspired to make your own movie magic!
- Rare photo opportunity in a purpose-built Thunderbirds Are Go set, made by Weta Workshop exclusively for the tour!
Child 6-12 Years: $13
Infants 0-5 Years: Free
Family (2 adults + 2 children): $72
WHERE TO GO:
Tours depart every half hour from the Weta Cave shop: corner of Weka Street and Camperdown Road, Miramar, Wellington. Open 7 days a week (closed Christmas Day).
Please allow ample time to find a carpark, as spaces are limited. You'll need to collect your ticket from the Weta Cave ticketing desk at least 15 minutes before your tour starts.
- Our tours frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-April). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited on the Miniatures Stage Tour.
- On-street parking is free, but can get busy. Please allow ample time to find a park.
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or at our tour spaces.
- For groups of 20 people or more, please check out our Events & Group Tours.
- This tour takes place in a functioning workshop, so it can get a little drafty. We recommend bringing an extra warm layer or two, especially in winter.
- A short return transfer is included from the Weta Cave shop to the tour space. The transfer portion is not suitable for wheelchairs. If you have special requirements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For our terms and conditions, please see here.
For all Tourism wholesale and trade booking enquiries, please email email@example.com.
Want regular Weta Studio Tours updates? Sign up to our mailing list!