Craft with the Crew
Creative Workshop + Tour
What do you get when you combine our new creative workshops with the Weta Cave Workshop Tour? All the makings of movie magic, for one discounted price!
Enjoy a hands-on introduction to sculpting, special effects make-up or leatherwork, then journey through props, costumes & creatures on a guided tour of movie magic!
Intro to Make-up Effects Workshop
Our crew have been slipping and sliding on faux blood and loose limbs since the days of Braindead (1992). Learn the art of crafting convincing special effects by mixing blood and sculpting your own scars and scrapes from silicon gels.
Intro to Sculpting Workshop
The sculpting room is where many of our creations come to life for the first time.Roll up your sleeves for an introduction to sculpting and shaping techniques, then begin to create a fantastical 3D character from modelling clay.
Leather & Chainmalle Workshop
For over 20 years, Weta Workshop has crafted beautiful leather & chainmaille for the screen. Create your own keyring from leather & chainmaille as you learn techniques from Weta Workshop’s experienced events technicians.
Ages 14+ No experience necessary!
$99. Includes the Weta Cave Workshop Tour.
Limited on-street parking is available, but fills up fast. Please allow plenty of time to find a park.
- From 27th September the Workshop + Tour will see some slight alterations - your confirmation email will contain all the details necessary.
- Please refer to your confirmation email for meeting time and location information.
- Workshops are subject to availability.
- This workshop is followed by the Weta Cave Workshop Tour. For a full glimpse behind-the-scenes of movie magic BOOK HERE NOW
- We do not use latex-based products or materials in this workshop. For more on the products we use, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.