Craft with the Crew
LEATHER & CHAINMAILLE WORKSHOP
Weta Workshop has kitted out countless armies with chainmaille and leather-adorned costumes for films like The Lord of the Rings and The Chronicles of Narnia. In this hands-on workshop, learn techniques employed by Weta Workshop’s Costume crew as you craft your own keepsake to take home with the guidance of experienced events technicians.
No experience or tools necessary. Just bring yourself and your enthusiasm!
- Create your own keepsake from genuine leather and chainmaille
- Stamp or emboss your own leather pattern, then dye and finish your sample.
- Learn how to craft a keyring of unique Weta Workshop chainmaille.
- Gain hands-on tips and techniques from our crew. Each workshop is limited to just 12 people.
- Take your creation home!
- Option to combine with the Weta Workshop Tour.
Combine your creative workshop with the Weta Workshop Tour, to journey through props, costumes & creatures from your favourite films for only $20 more.
WHERE TO GO
Weta Workshop’s Group Experience space at 127 Park Road, Miramar, Wellington.
Limited on-street parking is available, but fills up fast. Please allow plenty of time to find a park.
This workshop can be followed by the Weta Workshop Tour. For a full glimpse behind-the-scenes of movie magic, CHECK AVAILABILITY
Celebrate the most wicked night of the year with Weta Workshop crew. We’re ready to take you behind-the-screams of Halloween horror with an extended special effects make-up workshop!
No experience or tools necessary. Just bring yourself and your enthusiasm.