Learn the magic of sculpting from the Weta Workshop crew! With your guide leading the way, journey through our dedicated off-premises tour space to see practical effects created for the big screen. Once you’re sufficiently inspired, take a seat for an interactive workshop and sculpt your own 3D character!
- 30-minute express tour - Inside our dedicated off-premises tour space, get up close to the props, costumes and creatures created for The Lord of the Rings, District 9, The Chronicles of Narnia and more!
- Learn secrets behind the movie magic – Your guide, a Weta Workshop crew member, will spill the stories of our creative process.
- 1.5 hour sculpting workshop - Led by Weta Workshop crew, learn tips and techniques as you begin to create a fantastical three-dimensional character.
- Take your creation home!
$95 per person
13+ (under 14's must be accompanied by paying adult)
Offered daily at 4.30PM (subject to availability)
WHERE TO GO
127 Park Road, Miramar, Wellington. Get Directions.
The Sculpting Workshop takes place at our off-premises tour space at 127 Park Road – just a short walk from the Weta Cave.
Limited on-street parking is available, but fills up fast. Please allow plenty of time to find a park.
- We kindly ask guests to check in at 127 Park Road 15 minutes before the experience starts.
- Photography is strictly prohibited in our tour spaces.
View our full list of terms and conditions.