The Weta Cave
The famous Weta Cave Shop is the hub of Weta Workshop Tours in Miramar, Wellington.
At the Weta Cave you can snap a selfie with our life-sized sculptures, wander through our mini-museum, and watch our exclusive documentary – it’s a movie lover’s paradise!
Best of all, entry is FREE.
THE WETA CAVE
- Pick up incredible artefacts from the world of film – The Weta Cave boasts a range of high-end sculptures, prop replicas, art prints and apparel designed by Weta artists.
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes documentary – Screening every 30 minutes.
- Miniature props showcase - a mini-museum displaying Weta Workshop artefacts from films we’ve worked on.
- Unique photo opportunities – Looking for a fantastical photo to celebrate your visit? While our tour spaces don’t allow photography, the Weta Cave is the perfect selfie spot.
- Book guided tours and hands-on workshops directly - However, we strongly recommend booking online in advance. Our tours frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-April).
- The Weta Cave is open 364 days a year from 9AM - 5.30PM. Closed Christmas Day.
- Entry to the shop & documentary screening is FREE.
- Please note that there is no luggage storage at the Weta Cave or our tour spaces.
- There is free on-street parking, however, we recommend leaving ample time to find a park.
YOUR TOUR STARTS AND FINISHES HERE
Check out our exclusive documentary; it’s full of behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with the founders of the Weta Group of Companies. Our documentary is free and screens every 30 minutes, making it an unmissable addition to your Weta Cave visit.
Weta Workshop Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible. Contact us for more information on the accessibility of the Weta Cave.
Looking for a creative gift? Weta Workshop Tours vouchers can be redeemed on our filmmaking tours at the Weta Cave. Purchase in-store or contact email@example.com to nominate your card value ($NZD).
How do I get to the Weta Cave?
- Book our guided transfers: Our There and Back Again tours include guided return transfers from the Wellington i-SITE in the CBD;
- Public transport: Catch the 18e bus to stop 6240 on Darlington Road. From there it’s a short stroll to the Weta Cave. Please refer to the Metlink website for the best route to take;
- Drive: On-street parking is free but limited. Please allow ample time to find a car park. Here's a map to help you find a space!