The Weta Cave
The Weta Cave, the world-famous tourism hub of Weta Workshop, is turning 10!
Get ready to celebrate Weta-style on Sunday 10 June. The day’s celebrations include guest appearances from Weta Crew and co-founders, one-of-a-kind prizes, $10 retail deals, and birthday cake.
Best of all, entry is FREE.
WETA CAVE 10TH BIRTHDAY
Wellingtonians and Weta-fans from afar are warmly invited to celebrate ten years of creating cool stuff.
BIRTHDAY MYSTERY BOX COMPETITION
Go in the draw to win an exclusive loot box full of mystery Weta goodies, hand-picked by Weta co-founders Richard Taylor and Tania Rodger.
In-store competition: Dust off that detective hat and bring a magnifying glass. You’ll be given a set of clues and asked to identify the objects in the Weta Cave! Competition runs Friday 25 May – Sunday 10 June.
Online competition: Take a trip down memory lane on Facebook. Starting Thursday 31 May, the Workshop crew will post a throwback photo for each year of the Cave’s existence. Answer all ten of their brain busting questions correctly, and you’re in the draw!
SUNDAY 10 JUNE
9AM: Doors open – there is still time to submit your answers for the clue-hunt competition!
10AM – 2PM: Artists onsite – snap up some Middle-earth calligraphy from senior Weta Workshop artists Daniel Reeve and Daniel Falconer (The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit).
1PM: Cake-cutting – carried out by Richard Taylor and Tania Rodger.
THE WETA CAVE
- Pick up incredible artefacts from the world of film – The Weta Cave boasts a range of high-end sculptures, prop replicas, art prints and apparel designed by Weta artists.
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes documentary – Screening every 30 minutes.
- Mini museum – A showcase of props and artefacts from the films we’ve worked on.
- Unique photo opportunities – Photography is permitted throughout the Weta Cave.
- The Weta Cave is open 7 days a week from 9AM - 5.30PM. Closed Christmas Day.
- Entry to the shop & documentary screening is FREE.
- Please note that there is no luggage storage at the Weta Cave or our tour spaces.
- There is free on-street parking, however we recommend leaving ample time to find a park.
YOUR TOUR STARTS AND FINISHES HERE
Weta Studio Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible. Click here for more information on the accessibility of the Weta Cave.
Looking for a creative gift? Weta Studio Tours vouchers can be redeemed on our filmmaking tours or retail purchases at the Weta Cave. Purchase in store or contact email@example.com to nominate your card value ($NZD).