COMBO TOUR: MOST POPULAR
Want to experience the many sides of Weta Workshop’s creativity? The Weta Workshop Combo Tour lets you immerse yourself in our two most popular tours. It’s the very best way to journey through the world of Weta Workshop!
Book here now.
THE WETA STUDIO TOURS COMBO INCLUDES:
45-minute guided Weta Cave Workshop Tour
- Step inside a converted area of Weta Workshop, where we house props, costumes, creatures and vehicles created for the big screen.
- Learn how Weta Workshop designs and manufactures practical effects for films like The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia and Ghost in the Shell.
- Wander through Manufacture Alley, interacting with tools of the trade and examples of artistry from our creative departments.
- Your guide, a Weta Workshop crew member, will spill behind-the-scenes secrets from the Workshop floor!
- See artists at work on our tour stage.
We endeavour to feature artists at work on our tour stage during the Weta Cave Workshop Tour. However, sometimes this is not possible due to important project deadlines. We appreciate your understanding, should this be the case.
45-minute guided Miniatures Stage Tour: Thunderbirds Are Go
- Explore the huge miniatures crafted by Weta Workshop for the popular television show!
- Check out original storyboards and concept art.
- Learn the secrets behind what it takes to bring the world of Thunderbirds Are Go to the small screen.
- Rare photo opportunity in a Thunderbirds Are Go set, made by Weta Workshop exclusively for the tour!
This option does not include transport. Need transport from Wellington? Select from our There and Back Again options.
Children 6-12 Years: $22
Infants 0-5 Years: Free (please make sure to include your infant when booking)
Family (2 adults + 2 children): $125
2 hours (approx.)
WHERE TO GO
The Weta Studio Tours Combo departs daily from the Weta Cave shop: corner of Weka Street and Camperdown Road, Miramar, Wellington. Open 7 days a week (closed Christmas Day).
Please allow ample time to find a carpark, as spaces are limited. You'll need to collect your tickets at the Weta Cave ticketing desk at least 15 minutes before your tour starts.
- Our tours frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-April). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited in our tour spaces.
- On-street parking is free, but can get busy. Please allow ample time to find a park.
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or at our tour spaces.
- For groups of 20 people or more, please check out our Events & Group Tours.
- The Miniatures Stage Tour takes place in a functioning workshop, so it can get a little drafty. We recommend bringing an extra warm layer or two, especially in winter.
- A short return transfer is included from the Weta Cave shop to the Miniatures Stage tour space. The transfer portion is not suitable for wheelchairs. If you have special requirements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For our terms and conditions, please see here.
For all Tourism wholesale and trade booking enquiries, please email email@example.com.
Want regular Weta Studio Tours updates? Sign up to our mailing list!