Weta Cave Workshop Tour
Join the Weta Workshop crew on our exclusive Weta Cave Workshop Tour: a unique behind-the-scenes look at how Weta Workshop helps craft some of the world’s biggest films! We can’t take you inside the Workshop itself, but you can be sure we’ll get you as close as possible to where imaginary worlds come to life. Book here now.
- 45-minute guided tour inside a converted area of Weta Workshop – Get up close to the props, weapons, costumes and vehicles crafted for The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, District 9, The Chronicles of Narnia, Ghost in the Shell and more!
- Explore our new interactive section – Wander through Manufacture Alley, interacting with tools of the trade and examples of artistry from our creative departments.
- Learn secrets behind the movie magic – Your guide, a Weta Workshop crew member, will spill the stories of the creative process
- Watch us work – See creativity in action with artists at work on our tour stage.
We endeavour to feature artists at work on our tour stage during the Weta Cave Workshop Tour. However, sometimes this is not possible due to important project deadlines. We appreciate your understanding, should this be the case.
Child 6-12 Years: $13
Infants 0-5 Years: Free
Family (2 adults + 2 children): $72
WHERE TO GO
The Weta Cave Workshop Tour departs every half hour from the Weta Cave shop: corner of Weka Street and Camperdown Road, Miramar, Wellington. Open 7 days a week (closed Christmas Day).
Please allow ample time to find a carpark, as spaces are limited. You'll need to collect your ticket from the Weta Cave front desk at least 15 minutes before your tour starts.
This option does not include transport. Need transport from Wellington? Select from our There and Back Again options.
- Our tours frequently sell out, particularly during peak season (Oct-April). We strongly recommend booking online in advance.
- Photography is strictly prohibited on the Weta Cave Workshop Tour.
- On-street parking is free, but can get busy. Please allow ample time to find a park.
- There is no luggage storage in the Weta Cave or at our tour spaces.
- For groups of 20 people or more, please check out our Events & Group Tours.
- Weta Studio Tours is proud to hold a Silver Award from Be Accessible.
For our terms and conditions, please see here.
For all Tourism wholesale and trade booking enquiries, please email email@example.com.
Want regular Weta Studio Tours updates? Sign up to our mailing list!